January 5, 2011

Winter Forest Tablescape

17

Recently I hosted a little get together for some of my teacher friends. This was a casual event but I still wanted the table to look pretty and inviting.

18

Winter tablescapes can be tricky because there is fine line between winter wonderland and just looking like you haven’t gotten around to putting away your Christmas decorations. The other catch is that I live in Oregon and it has been raining non-stop for days, so I was looking for a color scheme with a hint of spring to remind us that the skies would not be gray forever. I decided on creams, grays, blues and sage green.

13

I started with a white cotton table cloth and topped it with a runner of ribbed, brown butcher paper. I served soup (and wine) directly on the table and figured the paper would save the table cloth from drips and spills. Plus it helped with the informal, slightly rustic feel I was going for.

15

I created my version of an Oregon forest by making paper trees out of colored cardstock and printed paper (tutorial coming soon).

14

I continued the forest motif with botanical printed placemats.

11

The napkins are an icy blue with rows of silver and white polka dots. I thought they looked a little like a rainy Oregon window pane without being dreary.

I used some coordinating paper scraps to make tree-shaped place cards. I cut out the tree and then stamped each person’s name down the middle.

12

No comments:

Post a Comment