January 20, 2011

Homemade Croutons

4

Mmmm…croutons! I made these to go in soup but I ended up eating most of them on their own. Every time I walked by their little container I couldn’t resist popping a few in my mouth. Perhaps that’s why my jeans are so tight right now?

Ingredients:

1

1/2 loaf of day old bread, cut into 1”x1”x1/2” squares. I used English muffin bread but any kind will work.

6 Tbs olive oil

2 Tbs Italian seasoning

1 tsp coarse sea salt

1 tsp ground black pepper or red chili flakes

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. Line two sheet pans with foil.

3. Spread the bread in a single layer on the two sheet pans. Drizzle 3 Tbs. of oil over each pan of bread. Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper or chili flakes over the top. Mix well.

4. Bake until golden and toasted, about 10 minutes for chewy croutons, 12-15 for crunchy ones.

2

3

No comments:

Post a Comment