August 13, 2011

Sparkly Straight Pins

sparkle_pins_5

I’ve been using the same pins for years and they’re pretty dull so when I saw these pins on No Big Dill I had to make some.

sparkle_pins_9

You can make dozens of them in just a few minutes. All it takes is glue (E6000), small beads that have small holes and extra long straight pins.

sparkle_pins_1

I used a skewer to apply a little bit of glue to the end of the pin.

sparkle_pins_2

Then I slid a bead on and wiped off the excess glue.

sparkle_pins_3

I covered an overturned basket with a piece of paper and poked all of the pins into it to dry.

sparkle_pins_4

Pretty and useful. I think they would make a great gift for a seamstress or tucked into a little purse-sized mending kit.

sparkle_pins_8

sparkle_pins_7

No comments:

Post a Comment