January 30, 2011

Soup Night

4

Every once in awhile I host a Soup Night. It’s casual in a throw the soup pots and a few bottles of wine right on the table kind of way.

1

I usually make three different soups with lots of toppings and homemade bread or rolls. This time I made Mushroom Barley,

7

Chipotle Corn Chowder,

6

and Tomato Basil.

5

I served small dishes with toppings on the side including sour cream, grated sharp cheddar, chives, crumbled bacon and homemade croutons.

4

For dessert we had Apple Crumble with Oatmeal Streusel topped with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

8

9

One great thing about Soup Night is that you can do everything ahead and then just reheat the soup as your guests arrive. You can dress it up or keep it casual. It’s easy. It’s cozy and warm. The best reason, however, is that the cook isn’t tied to the kitchen so I can actually relax and enjoy the evening with my guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment