January 28, 2011

Conversation Heart Gift Boxes

8

When I think of Valentine’s Day the first thing that comes to mind are conversation hearts. Every year I always buy a couple of bags. They remind me of grade school Valentine’s parties where I would read meaning into every heart, wondering if the boy I liked really meant to give me the one that said, “Be Mine”.

11

What better way to say I love you than with a special gift or treat packaged in a conversation heart box?

10

To make a conversation heart box of your very own you will need heavy cardstock and adhesive. I used my Cricut for the letters but you could easily trace them and cut them out with scissors.

1. Cut a heart shape out of paper in the desired size. Trace it onto a piece of scrap cardstock. Add 1/2” tabs down each long side and two small tabs on each curved side. Cut out your pattern.

1

2. Using the pattern, cut two hearts out and 4 strips of paper 3” wide and long enough to go around one side of the heart plus an inch. My strips where 3”x12”.

3

3. Ok, it’s time to start gluing. First fold one strip over 1/2”.

4

4. Run a bead of glue along one of the long tabs of one of the hearts. Glue the strip onto the heart so that the folded end wraps around the point.

5

5. Continue wrapping the strip around the heart, gluing it to the tabs. When you get the the middle, fold the end of the strip back 1/2” so it follows the line of the heart.

6

6. Glue the second strip to the folded section of the first strip and continuing wrapping and gluing.

7

7. Repeat to make the other half of the box.

8. Glue the letters onto the top of the box and fill with candy, chocolates or a small gift.

9

No comments:

Post a Comment