December 1, 2010

Ribbon Advent Calendar

12

I decided to make an advent calendar for my boyfriend to help get us in the holiday spirit. However, I couldn’t find a container to hold the gifts I had purchased. Then I saw a bible verse advent calendar on bhg.com and adapted their idea.

13

First I bought 24 small gifts and rounded up matching wrapping paper, cardstock and ribbon.

1

I wrapped all of the presents.

2

Then I cut a piece of ribbon about 5’ long and 24 pieces about 18” long.

3

I attached the shorter strips of ribbon to the long one with hot glue. I spaced them about 1” apart in order to fit all 24 gifts on one ribbon.

4

While the glue was cooling, I cut 24 2” circles out of cardstock and the numbers 1-24 with my Cricut. You could also use number stickers if you don’t have a Cricut. I glued the numbers onto the circles.

5

Then I punched a hole in the top of each circle to thread the ribbons through.

6

Ok, time to assemble. I tied each present onto the main ribbon and then threaded the number tag on and tied a bow.

7

15

After all of the presents were attached I made a big bow out of wired ribbon and tied it onto the top of the advent calendar.

9

Isn’t it festive?

10

No comments:

Post a Comment