December 9, 2010

House Warming Gift and Custom Recipe Cards

1

5

My friend recently moved into her first place and found herself without some basic kitchen essentials. It can be overwhelming to furnish a new home so I decided to put together a little care package for her.

I made recipe cards using Word and then just typed the recipes in and printed them on cardstock. I chose recipes that are quick, easy and require only a few ingredients so that my friend wouldn’t need too many supplies.  I also tried to pick recipes that used the same dishes and utensils.

4

6

7

Then I purchased measuring cups and spoons, dish towels, hot pads, oven mitts, spatulas and wooden spoons. I tucked it all into a 9”x13” glass baking dish along with the recipe cards and a few jars of spice mixes (recipes coming soon).

3

2

No comments:

Post a Comment